Light My Fire Spork
Color: Many options (green, yellow, pink, orange, blue, grey, etc)
Material: Copolyester (Heat-resistant plastic)
BPA Free: Yes
Width: 1.5 in
Length: 6.6 in
Weight: .2 oz
- One end Spoon, other end four-tine fork + knife
- Easy to clean
After seeing many of my colleagues eating around the campfire with these Light My Fire Sporks, I had to try one. That was a year ago. I have used the spork on multiple trips but am not thrilled with it. Teeth have broken and the Spork feels clumsy in my hand when I eat. I will probably replace this with fast-food utensils until I can buy something else.
The Light My Fire Spork lacks durability. While the spork has not snapped, the teeth have broken off from the knife part—rendering it useless. The handle feels clumsy because I must always grip wither a fork/knife end or a spoon bowl. I only get to use one utensil per meal and that is rarely optimal.
What I liked
- Compact utensil set
- Great color options
- Since it is only one piece, nobody asks me to “Borrow the part I don’t use” because they forgot their utensils.
What I didn’t
- Knife teeth keep breaking off (I think I have 3 teeth left)
- How do you use the knife part without a separate utensil to hold the food that needs to cutting?
- Must choose whether to use the spoon or the fork for an entire meal or else it has to be washed to keep hands from getting extremely messy
The Light My Fire Spork works just fine, but I would not recommend it. It is not very durable, and is inconvenient for eating.